Thursday, June 3, 2010

Six Week Count Down


In just six short weeks I will be arriving in Tel Aviv for my five week journey through Israel. While I am extremely excited for this opportunity, current events bring into sharp relief the dangers that exist. It is humbling to imagine visiting a place with such a rich and dynamic history. To be involved in bringing hope to a region with such a long history of conflict seems naive, however I cannot help but to believe that change can happen. I know that my effort alone is insignificant, but I believe that through obedience and faith -even in the face of opposition - anything can happen. Edmund Burke indicated in his writings that all that is necessary for the triumph for evil is that good men do nothing. I guess I just don't want to be one who does nothing. One who ignores the troubles of this world. One who remains idle while there are those who are suffering. I pray for God's wisdom and grace as these things are obviously well beyond me. Hopefully, through this experience my eyes will be opened in new ways to how to care for people in this world.

2 comments:

  1. You should have seen me just FREAK OUT here at work. I thought you already left and I never called you back. Either way I'm praying for you before and during the trip and that HE WILL PROVIDE all your NEEDS. you are loved by so many people. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - don't worry, I haven't left yet - you still have about 5 weeks to call me back; no rush. ;) Hope you are having a good day, thanks for the prayers and support!

    ReplyDelete