Sunday, July 18, 2010

Israel 7/17

We arrived in Tel Aviv just after 4:00am local time. Security and customs was a breeze much to my surprise. We picked up our luggage and were shuttled to our hotel in Bethlehem. There was a small heated conversation as we entered the West Bank, but we made it through. Arriving at 5:30am we found our rooms on the top floor and then scurried out onto the roof (I actually climbed through my window) for some sunrise photos. Took a long nap but am forcing myself up to beat jet lag.

21:27 (9:27 pm)- Had a brief tour of the local market and International Center. Dinner (my first meal in Israel) was good - took a picture. May have drank some tap water, but so far feeling fine. Have breakfast and church tomorrow. Should be another nice day. Weather was warm/hot, but there was a steady breeze. Evening cooled off quite a bit and the breeze remains. Stars shine brightly in the night sky only a sliver of the moon hangs near the horizon. The same stars that smiled down upon Jesus 2000 years ago... A very peaceful thought indeed.


I will try to post some pictures soon. Unfortunately, I have less access to the Internet then originally planned. Will update as much as possible. Thank you for the prayers - would love to hear from you.

Mason

2 comments:

  1. Will be praying for you tonight at our small group! Can't wait to see the pictures!! -Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are enjoying your experience already Mason! That is wonderful :) I look forward to more updates on your blog and to some photos!

    ReplyDelete